Thursday 30 July 2015

Paksiw na Tilapia

Moving to another country (away from the best cooks in the world - Mama and Papa) lead me to learn how to cook menus I usually crave from the Philippines.

One of them is Paksiw na Tilapia.  We haven't had it for so long because there was 1 month this year where we always have this once a week because Max loves the tilapia cooked in vinegar (actually, she likes anything with vinegar, so Ilocano, heheh, the shih tzu Ilocano).  So after long time, I cooked this one again and she did have a few bites coz she was already full from her dinner.

Whenever I cook, I do not usually follow the measurement of the condiments (except of course, when baking).  I follow the list of ingredients, but with measurement, I follow my taste buds. :P

So here is another #lutonieds recipe:

Paksiw na Tilapia (Tilapia in Vinegar Sauce)

Ingredients:
Tilapia (cleaned thoroughly)
Garlic
Onion 
Ginger
Vinegar (I use Heinz ACV, which is close to the Ilocos Vinegar)
Bayleaf
Pepper and Salt to taste

Optional:
Eggplant
Bittergourd
cooking oil
Green Chili
 
1.  In a cooking pan, arrange the garlic, onion, ginger and bayleaf.  This would be the base of the tilapia.


2.  If you are putting in the veggies and chili, arrange the veggies around the garlic, onion and ginger.



3.  Arrange the tilapia.  Add water.  It would be better if the tilapia is arranged such that the water level is almost covering the tilapia.  This will make it more tastier.


4.  Add salt and pepper to taste.

5.  Add the oil to make the sauce nicer and thicker.

6.  Cover and bring to boil then lower the heat.  Cook until the fish is cooked.

7.  Serve with steaming rice and optional fish sauce with the cooked chili as dip.






No comments:

Post a Comment